Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tequila makes it all better

Not everything I cook or bake comes out wonderful. Last night I made a black bean salad for a women's group that I'm in...but sadly, I didn't love it.


It wasn't bad, just wasn't a total win for my tastebuds---therefore you won't see the recipe posted. The salad was made up primarily of black beans with lime juice, a tiny bit of olive oil, shallots, cilantro and avocado. Sounded yummy to me and it wasn't bad, just needed more oomph. In fact, I think it would be fabulous served over some tequila marinated chicken or fish...hmm...I think I'm liking that idea. Perhaps that is what I'll use the rest of the black beans salad for! Tequila makes it all better, right? ;)

We have a bazillion fresh tomatoes from our garden and from our neighbor's garden. So tonight I'm making homemade pasta sauce! Be back with the recipe soon...

Leaving you with a couple quotes I found and really like:

"Courage is very important. Like a muscle, it is strengthened by use." – Ruth Gordon

“Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.” - Plato

No comments:

Post a Comment