Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pawleys Island, where life is good

The hubs and I drove down to Pawleys Island, SC on Thursday evening. We have been enjoying a few wonderfully relaxing days here. My parents own a house here, so we try to come down a few times a year. My parents are here with us as well and we are all having a great time.


Friday we went to the "neighborhood" pool in the morning then off to the beach we went in the afternoon. We took all 3 dogs to the beach in the late afternoon. They LOVE the beach!!! Tanner (my parents golden retriever) loves to fetch the ball in the ocean. Zeus and Zoey loved running around in the sand. Daniel took each pug out for a swim in the ocean...it was hilarious. To see those little ones swim is so funny and cute. They are actually pretty good swimmers for having little feet! For dinner Friday we went to Russell's. This is one of our favorite restaurants here. It is the perfect low key, shorts and t-shirts kind of beach dinner that you want. Right away they bring hushpuppies to your table (gotta have these at the beach, yum!), then salad is served then your meal. Me and my parents all got the softshell crabs...holy deliciousness. They were fresh and so amazing. The hubs got the fried shrimp. Everything was fabulous...as always.

Mom, Dad and the hubs cookin in the kitchen:

Yesterday the hubs and I went for a 5 mile walk in the morning to get the day started. I still can't run, but fast walking does just fine for now. I love walking around where my parents live...alligators...fish...birds...beautiful wildlife and beautiful homes. I could walk forever here! Then the hubs went to hit some golfballs and I took off for the pool. Again in the afternoon we headed to the beach. Last night my parents had some good friends over for dinner. We had our traditional shrimp boil and Mom made coleslaw, Caprese salad, and we had a delicious berry cobbler she made with homemade vanilla icecream. yummmmmm-eeee.

This is our traditional "beach dip." It is SO easy...1 can of salsa, 1 can of corn (drained), 1 can of black beans (drained) and cliantro. Delicious and refreshing!



Today the hubs and my Dad are off to play golf. Mom and I are about to go for a ginormous walk on the beach, then it's sunbathing time! We are going to a 4th of July celebration this evening at a little yatch club they are members at. Should be a good time! What are you doing this 4th of July holiday? Beach? Lake? Neither?

It's a little slice of heaven here...

***Blogger is giving me problems uploading pictures. I will post more pictures later when it has it's act together!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a wonderful time! Enjoy!

    Love the looks of that salsa, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, it sounds just delightful! I'm so happy y'all are relaxing and having such a wonderful 'Family' time! The meal sounded delicious, right up my alley!
    Please give my love and best wishes for a wonderful Fourth to all!
    Loves~

    ReplyDelete