Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Veggie Enchiladas

Not only do I love all of the fresh fruits in the summer, but I also love the over abundance of fresh veggies. I got the idea of this recipe from this lovely lady. I changed up the recipe a smidge, but overall it is very similar to what she created. I love that this dish is meat free, yet still sooo delicious and filling!

First up...ingredients:


1 T. dried onion flakes (or 1 onion, I was out of them)
3 small squash, sliced (I used two green and one yellow)
2 jalapenos, diced (take some seeds out...I should have taken more out b/c mine was SPICY!)
12 oz. jar salsa
1 cup fat-free refried beans
4 whole wheat tortillas (or 5 if you can cram them in like I did)
Low-fat cheddar cheese (or soy cheese)
Fat-free plain greek yogurt

Directions:

-Add the squash to a large pan coated in 1 T. of olive oil over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, then add jalapenos. Cook for about 5 more mins. until everything is tender.
-Next put half of the jar of salsa in a baking pan.
-Assemble enchiladas by layering in this order: Refried beans, cheese, squash.


-Roll up and place in baking pan.
-Top enchiladas with the rest of the salsa.


-Bake in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
-Serve with greek yogurt. The yogurt really helps to cool the dish down a level from the hotness of the jalepenos!

*I served the enchiladas with fresh corn we got while we were in South Carolina and some more squash and refried beans...fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment