Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Easy dinners

Well, it's been a few days since my last post. That's because I've done super easy dinners that aren't necessarily "special treats." No fear though--the meals were still delicious and healthy, just embarrassingly easy!

Monday night we had bean soup. I soaked the dried beans overnight, then threw them on the stove Monday morning. The soup simmered all day, when I got home that evening I added frozen chopped spinach and some lean-turkey sausage to the soup. Daniel and I had this soup with triskets and fresh pear slices. Needless to say, we felt extremely healthy after this meal!

Tuesday night we had taco's with lean-ground turkey. These were served with all the taco fixins', plus fresh guacamole (I had a huge craving for this...yum!), lima beans and creamed corn. Super easy, yum-O dinner!

Tonight we are having chicken stir fry. If the recipe is good, I will post it this evening. Better get a cookin'...stomachs are a rummblin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment