Monday, February 8, 2010

Geaux Saints!!!!

What a great Super Bowl! I normally like to watch the super bowl for the commercials, half-time shoes ("The Who's" were a total let-down, by the way...), the food, drinks, etc. BUT, this time I enjoyed actually watching the game and paying attention. I knew who to root for...The Saints!!!! And why you ask? Because my husband, Daniel, was born there. His parents grew up there and they still have family and friends in 'Nola. They have a special place in their heart for New Orleans, as it means so much to them. I have visited the city twice, and it really is a neat place.

Daniel and I didn't do much cooking for the Super Bowl since we had another snowy weekend (didn't have much of the food "staples" on hand), and I was working. We did however make a couple things. One, is a favorite of Daniel's...it is a recipe from my sister in law, Amanda, so I call it "Amanda's yummy dip." The recipe is below. We also had guacamole, wings, beer, etc. :) Geaux Saints!

Amanda’s Yummy appetizer/dip

1 lb. sausage

2 (8 oz. packages) cream cheese (soften before mixing)

2 cans Ro-Tel

Brown the sausage in a little olive oil, then drain on paper towels. Mix sausage with the cream cheese and Ro-Tel. Bake for about 20-25 minutes on 350 degrees. I usually pop it in the oven for another 10 minutes or so just before it’s served. (I use lean sausage and get the low-fat cream cheese so it’s not a total heart attack) Serve with fritos, chips or crackers.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! They won they really did! SO glad you love New Orleans, 'cause I Love You! The recipe sounds delicious very 'Nawlins worthy! xoxox

    ReplyDelete