Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Linguine with Clam Sauce

What was on the menu tonight at the Hoffman's?

Linguine with Clam Sauce

3/4 cup chopped onion (about one onion)

1 tsp. minced garlic (or more-I love garlic!!)

1/3 cup olive oil (I used 1 T. of butter tonight instead b/c I was feeling bad-was delish!)

3 (7 ounce) cans minced clams

2 Tbsp. chopped parsley

Linguine (use whole wheat!)

Saute onion and garlic in oil/butter until onion is limp. Drain and reserve liquid from clams. Add half the liquid to the onion and garlic. Cover. Simmer slowly about 15 minutes. Add minced clams and remaining liquid, pepper, and parsley. Heat through, about 5 minutes longer. Serve over cooked pasta.

Serves: 3 people


**This is sooo yummy and super easy! Doesn't take long to make either. This recipe is an "oldy but goody" I got from my Mom. I was going to take a picture, but it wasn't very pretty/colorful from the whole wheat noodles and the brownish clams. It def. tastes better than it looks! We had this with a spinach salad tossed with almonds and dried apricots, and fresh broccoli on the side. YUM! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I've made two of your recipes this week...broccoli and potato soup & curry chicken. Both were a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm glad you liked them!! :)

    ReplyDelete