Friday, February 12, 2010

Sloppy Joes


I remember eating Sloppy Joes growing up and being so excited about them! My Mom makes a mean sloppy joe, and this is what I remember as one delicious sloppy joe. As a child, I loved that they were sloppy and messy...very kid-friendly. I tried a new recipe for sloppy joes last night in one of my many cookbooks. In the past, I have always used my Mom's recipe, but thought I'd try something new. I am always trying new and different recipes because that's what keeps cooking fun! Although...I still have those traditional and just too-good-to-replace recipes that I go back to over and over again.

Anyways, I made the new recipe last night and it was good....but not great. Therefore---I will not be posting it. My Mom's recipe wins the prize! I don't have it on my computer right now, but will get it posted soon so that you can enjoy it as well. I thought I'd post about the sloppy joes because it's an easy, healthy (if you use lean ground beef), quick recipe that all will enjoy.

I like to post recipes as well as cooking suggestions/ideas on what to cook. I enjoy getting recipes and ideas off others blogs, so I hope you can get something out of mine. :) I try to focus on quick, healthy and easy recipes...but that is not always the case.

The hubs and I have a d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. dinner planned for Valentine's Day...come back soon to find out what it will be...

2 comments:

  1. Sloppy Joes! I love making them and eating them! Looking forward to your Mom's recipe!
    Valentines Day I am sure will be a special one, can't wait to see the meal you've planned...
    BTW Happy Valentines Day...I love you and Daniel a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing...loving the signature! You always come up with the cutest things!

    ReplyDelete