Friday, June 17, 2011

Peanut Butter/Banana Smoothie

Trying to make up for those bodacious brownies...

(Apparently Zoey would like a smoothie too...she didn't get any smoothie although I did give her a tiny piece from the banana I used)

I love smoothies, but don't make them too often. The hubs is the one around here that tends to make them more than me (shocker I know!). I was in a smoothie craving mood the other day, so whipped this up for lunch. After eating this, I realized I need to incorporate more smoothies in my life. So yummy, healthy, filling and tastes great in hot weather!

Make smoothies for yourself and/or for your children. Smoothies are a great breakfast or snack. I love smoothies because you can put just about anything in them from fruit to spinach and they still taste great and if you make them yourself they are healthy (just watch the sugar!). Enjoy...have a great weekend!

PB/Banana Smoothie

2 T. natural peanut butter
1 banana
1 T. chia seeds
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 container of fat-free greek yogurt (use any flavor)
a splash of cinnamon if desired

-Blend everything together...voila!

*What is your favorite kind of smoothie?

No comments:

Post a Comment