Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Another Banana Bread recipe

Are you wondering what to do with these sad looking bananas?


Make banana bread! I have a serious love for sweet breads. My Mom makes amazing carrot bread, zucchini bread, pumpkin bread and banana breads. I will post these recipes soon as they are to die for. In the meantime, I had a hankering for banana bread and wanted to try a new recipe. Here it is, folks! It is absolutely fabulous...moist yet with a crunchy "crust," the flavors just pop in your mouth. I put about 2-3 T. of Chia seeds in this recipe...you don't have to add these if you don't have them on hand, but I do love how they add a little crunch to the bread and also add great nutrition.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened

3oz whipped cream cheese

1 cup brown sugar

3 ripe bananas, mashed

1 egg

1/4 cup fat-free plain greek yogurt

1 1/2 cups flour

3 T. chia seeds

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt


Directions:

Preheat over to 350. Grease a loaf pan.

Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in mashed banana, yogurt, and egg and mix ’til smoothe. Stir in dry ingredients. Bake for 60-75 minutes.


Devour.


Doesn't get much better than a peanut butter and apple butter banana sandwich with a big glass of milk...oh and some carrots for good measure ;)


3 comments:

  1. Killer bread recipe...you know we love all the family bread recipes!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit this bread was pretty durn good...I had it for lunch and it really stayed with me! - Hubs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most delicious banana bread I've ever had! This recipe is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete