Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Curried Udon Noodles with Chicken




Although we would typically do something fancy or go out to eat for our Anniversary, a Monday night called for cooking at home. We had steaks for Father's Day on Sunday, so I was thinking something more on the lines of chicken for Monday's dinner. The hubs and I are celebrating our anniversary this Friday here in Raleigh and are pretty excited about it. My husband worked here in college and has been raving about it since the day I met him, yet I have never been. We are FINALLY going and are pretty darn excited about it. So that will be our "special treat" dinner!

Back to the matter at hand. I bought udon noodles a couple months ago, but still had them in the pantry. I have never cooked with udon noodles, but gave it a whirl last night. The recipe took a little more time that I had expected, but it was yummy. I added chicken in which I had marinate for a few hours with soy sauce and garlic, and also added mushrooms and peanuts to the recipe. Those are the main changes that I did. Thai dinner it was! Click here for the recipe.

On the side we had a spinach salad with toasted almonds and craisins. For dessert we had peanut butter/chocolate icecream (yum) with a side of my latest obsession: date bars. Holy yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment