Sunday, January 24, 2010

More yummy recipes



I had time Friday night to cook a dinner that required time. It was a rainy, cold night in Richmond, so I thought I'd make risotto! The meals I cook during the work week aren't very complicated, but still good. Daniel and I have fun on the weekends when we have more time to make more gourmet, tough recipes. This risotto recipe isn't tough, it is just tedious and time-consuming. I loooove risotto though and this turn out to be great! (As you can see in the pic above, I was hungry and ready to eat---then I remembered to take a pic!) :)

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/mushroom-and-chicken-risotto

For dessert, I made Banana Pudding...a favorite of me and Daniel's. I make up the recipe as I go, but below is the one I made in the picture shown.

Laura's Banana Pudding

Ingredients:
2 large Bananas
1 container of fat-free cool whip
1 large package of fat-free vanilla pudding
1 small package of banana pudding
Vanilla Wafers
Caramel Sauce

Directions:
1. Combine the two puddings and make according to package directions (you'll need milk-I used Skim).
2. In a large bowl, put some of the pudding as the bottom layer (once pudding is set).
3. Next layer with cool whip.
4. Next layer with banana slices.
4. Then layer with vanilla wafers and put a small amount of caramel sauce over wafers (or as much as desired)
5. Continue to layer in that order until the bowl is full.
6. Let set in refrig. until time to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment