Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Curry Chicken


What was on the menu tonight at the Hoffman's? Crockpot Curry Chicken!!! Daniel and I both loved this dish. I threw everything in the crockpot this morning before work and set it on low...the apartment smelled delish when I got home. I love crock pots!!!

I made a couple changes to the recipe. Since it's not peach season and I did not want to use canned peaches, I used dried apricots instead (perfect!). I also did not have a shallot on hand, so I put in a couple tablespoons of dried onion I had. I served this dish over rice, and we also had brussel sprouts and broccolini. A perfect warm, easy, healthy meal after a long day at work! Enjoy :)

Curry Chicken

From our provider:
Ingredients
    4-6 chicken thighs or boneless skinless, chicken breasts
    2 peaches, skinned and sliced into 1/4 inch slices, reserving 8 slices for garnish
    1/3 cup raisins
    1 shallot, thinly sliced
    1 tablespoons olive oil
    fresh ginger root - thinly sliced - 4 slices
    2 cloves garlic - crushed
    1/2 teaspoon curry powder
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
    3/4 cup chicken stock
    1 tablespoon cider vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
    salt and pepper
    lemon juice
    Hot cooked jasmine rice
Directions
  1. Rinse, dry, and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the chicken to lightly brown, about 3 minutes per side.
  3. Transfer chicken to Crock-Pot® slow cooker and top with peaches, raisins and shallots.
  4. Reserve the remaining 8 slices of peaches and toss with lemon juice to coat and refrigerate.
  5. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine and pour over chicken.
  6. Turn Crock-Pot® slow cooker to High and cook for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
  7. Serve over jasmine rice. Top with the reserved peaches as a garnish.
From Disney Family Food

No comments:

Post a Comment