Friday, April 5, 2013

Today's doctor's appt.

I'm happy to report that my appt. with Dr. Xmas went well today!  They did not do a full scan on the babies, but enough for us to see them, check their fluid levels and their heart rates.  They looked great!  We can't believe how big they are getting.

After the ultrasound, Dr. Xmas came in and told me they were going to do another Fetal Fibronectin test just in case before they did the vaginal ultrasound to check my cervix.  This didn't make me as nervous as last time, but was still crossing my fingers that they wouldn't have to send the test in once they saw my cervix.  After this, they did the vaginal ultrasound and Dr. Xmas was VERY pleased with my cervix.  His exact words, "I don't get very excited about most things, but I am excited about this because your cervix looks AWESOME!" So glad my long cervix makes the man happy...lol. ;)  Because of this news, he didn't send in my Fetal Fibronectin test to the lab.

So where do we go from here?  Our next appt. is two weeks from today.  Friday, April 19th at 3:00 pm.  At this appt. I will have a more detailed scan so we will know how much the babies weigh and all that jazz.  I will be about 28 weeks then and this would be another big mile stone for us, so Dr. Xmas would be happy for me to get there.  I know I/we can do it!!!  My hope is that the babies come sometime in June, but no earlier.  Dr. Xmas did not give me the ok to go back to work, but he did give me the ok to have one outing per day.  He said we've been through too much to mess everything up and push myself by going to back to work.

My outing tomorrow will be a tour of the Labor and Delivery part of the hospital that we will give birth in.  I'm looking forward to this!  Then on Tuesday we will have our first (out of two) Labor and Delivery class.  I signed up for these classes a while ago and I can not believe the time is here.  Time is flying.  Before we know it I will have no more time for this blog keeping up with two little ones!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment