Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tis the season for cookies!


I've been baking up a storm here recently. Tis the season for yummy baked goods and lots and lots of Christmas COOKIES! We are big cookie eaters around here...well, we try so very hard to keep it in moderation...

In the oven baking as I type this are Festive Candy Cane Brownie Cupcakes that I made last year and was requested by the hubs if I could make them again this year. They are smelling delish!

I tried a couple new cookie recipes this year. I love the traditional ones that my Mom makes every year, but haven't yet gotten the chance to make any of those. One of my favorites that my Mom makes is a bar cookie that has a graham cracker bottom, then layered w/a coconut mixture, then topped with melted dark chocolate. I'm not a huge coconut fan, but these cookies really melt in your mouth. Maybe I'll make these for the New Year! She also makes traditional made from scratch sugar cookies and decorates them (we used to decorate them every Christmas as children)...Chocolate Cherry Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookies with a Hershey's kiss on top (pic show above), Rum Balls, etc. It's fun to remember special traditions such as these. Many memories are made in the kitchen :)

Stay tuned for Cookie Dough Balls and Chocolate Peanut Butter cup recipes! Mmmmm!

Do you have a favorite cookie around Christmas time?

The countdown to Christmas is on! Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment