Sunday, August 14, 2011

Peachy Overnight Oats


Yesterday morning I woke up to a growling stomach and overnight oats! Yum! I had a peach that needed to be used, so I cut it up and put it in my oats. The best part about my overnight oats? I used my sunflower butter jar that I had just emptied out. I put the oats in there, that way I could get some of the sunflower butter left in the jar with each spoonful of oats. It doesn't get much better than this...sooooooooo good! Friday night before I went to bed, I mixed about 1/2 cups of oats, 1 T. chia seeds, cinnamon and about 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk in the sunflower butter jar. Saturday morning I added the chopped peach, then devoured...so easy and so healthy.


The hubs has been fixing our fence all weekend. It is a rainy day here, so not sure how much more he'll work on it today. We are SO happy to see rain though!!!! It hasn't rained in Richmond in a LONG time and we really need it. Last night we went to Richmond's Jazz Festival with my parents and my brother and his friend who were in town visiting. We had a great time!!! Today will be a relaxing day of cleaning, Body Pump with my Mom, then watching some Breaking Bad with the hubs. We just got season 3 in the mail and I can't WAIT to watch it! I also have a pork tenderloin marinading for our dinner tonight...recipe to come soon.

Have you seen Breaking Bad???!! When the hubs first started this series, I really thought that I wouldn't like it...well now, I'm hooked.

2 comments:

  1. I've not seen braking bad, but I've heard good things!

    I havent had overnight oats in forever -- this has got to change!

    Also - don't you love peach season? I do :)

    ps: you inspired me to use fabulous k creative (this is who you used, right??) - she is working on my header right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, YES, I looove peach season. I love summer fruits period, I don't want them to end!!!!!

    Yes, I use Fabulous K!!!! That's awesome that she is working on your header. Can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete