Friday, May 20, 2011

Delicious Bruschetta and Spinach Pasta




Not even sure where to begin this post, but this dinner was SO good!!!! My Dad came over tonight for dinner since Mom was out of town and the three of us enjoyed this fabulous meal. Yes, that is an egg you see in the top picture. I was a little nervous of how an egg would taste over pasta, but it was incredible. A fried, runny egg exploding over whole wheat pasta soaked in a bruschetta and spinach sauce...ah.ma.zing. This dinner was also great because it was A) easy B) quick to make C) CHEAP (!!!) D) healthy! 4 things that I love when cooking!

I found this recipe off a blog I enjoy reading, CookinFanatic. To find the recipe, go here. I followed the recipe to a tee, except I used a whole box of pasta (it was 16 oz. I think) and it still turned out great. Seriously go make this meal ASAP...it will be a hit! Oh, it also looks like it is super fancy and hard to make, so serve this to guests---very impressive, yet secretly easy. :)

I served this dish with a strawberry/spinach salad and garlic rolls...mmmmm. For dessert I made a banana cream pie. I used to recipe on the box of the banana pudding box but added melted chocolate on the bottom of the pie and then added caramel on the top of the pie...yes, I love my sugar...it's a problem. ;) This was also a hit and the perfect ending to a perfect meal.

Tanner (my parents dog) and Zeus (our pug) were snuggling while we ate (they are best buddies) and I couldn't resist snapping a picture of them!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment