Monday, March 28, 2011

Thai Curry Vegetable and Tofu Soup


I had a craving for tofu...I know right, weird? Yes, I get odd cravings. But this soup was oh so good and reminded me that I should cook with tofu more often!!!! Even the hubs liked it! Score!!! This recipe was super easy and sooo delicious. I got the original recipe from my newest edition of Real Simple, but made a few changes that I will post below. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1/2 T. Curry powder
1 t. grated fresh ginger (or minced ginger works great, too)
2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1, 14-oz. can light coconut milk
Salt
1/2 lb. shitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
4 carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
14 oz. extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
4 oz. snow peas
2 T. fresh lime juice
1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
Asian chili garlic sauce, for serving
Brown Rice

Directions:

-Cook Brown Rice.
-Place the curry powder and ginger in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the broth, coconut milk, and 1 t. salt and bring to a boil.
-Add the mushrooms, green beans, and carrots to the saucepan and simmer until just tender, about 5-8 minutes. Add the tofu and snow peas and simmer until the snow peas are bright green, about 1 minute more.
-Stir in the lime juice. S
-Place brown rice in bowl, pour soup over rice, sprinkle with the basil and serve with the chili garlic sauce.

Serves: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment