Friday, March 25, 2011

Fail...

I found a new recipe for Shrimp and Grits this week and decided to make it last night. Epic fail. I should have known...the recipe was from Woman's Day, had few ingredients and not much of a sauce (like a typical shrimp and grits). But, I wanted the "quick and easy" shrimp and grits and have had a craving for it. It was definetly edible, yet not blog worthy. The recipe was just too bland for our taste. We have tons of leftovers so I am thinking of making a tomato cream sauce and then pouring that over the rest. I think this will really kick up the flavor and help out this poor dish.

I have made Shrimp and Grits in the past and it was been great. I'm just crazy and always up for the adventure to try new recipes. Here's saying though that not every recipe I make is simply delicious! Most of them are...but as in life, sometimes things don't go as planned.

*Do you have a favorite Shrimp and Grits recipe?! If so, please share!



...I am taking a night off from cooking and going to eat with some friends and the hubs to a new (for us) restaurant, Sette in Richmond. I'm excited, it gets good reviews! I will be cooking Saturday and Sunday, so be on the lookout for more yummy (hopefully not more cooking fails) recipes. Happy weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment