Wednesday, February 2, 2011

StirFriday!


This past Friday night we had...can you guess? Stir fry! I love me some stir fry's...easy, quick meal loaded with lean protein, good fats, lots of veggies and delish. This certain stir fry was a total hit, I will def. be making this again soon. I think it was the peanut butter that made it so out of this world delicious. I am a sucker for anything invovled with peanut butter! Oh, and the leftovers were just as amazing...they didn't last long in this house!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 tblsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tblsp rice vinegar
1 tblsp water
fresh ginger (about 1 tblsp, sliced)
2 tsp sugar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 large bunch of fresh green beans (I didn't slice these in smaller pieces, but will next time)
about 1 cup (or more if desired) mushrooms
4 chicken breasts, cut up into bite sized pieces
sprinkle of red pepper flakes

Directions:

-Put a small amount of olive oil in a pan and saute the mushrooms, onions, green beans and red pepper until tender.
-Take the mushrooms, onions, green beans and red pepper off the stove and place in a separate bowl.
-Put cut up chicken in fry pan (with small amount of olive oil) and stir fry.
-Add all other ingredients to chicken.
-Last, add mushrooms, onions, green beans, red pepper.
-Let flavors combine and continue to cook for about 10 minutes.
-Serve over brown rice, enjoy!

*To round out the meal and it's flavors, I served with a side of fresh pineapple...mmm...


P.S.- My picture taking totally stinks, so I am working on this "art" and learning my new camera...in the meantime, try to imagine a better picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment