Sunday, February 13, 2011

Beef Roast and travel craziness

This past Friday was one of those days were I went non-stop from 6 am until 6 pm. We were having a guest in town for dinner, so thought a crock-pot meal would be the best way to go. My sweet friend, Holly, sent me this crock pot recipe and I decided to give it a try. It was great and SUPER SIMPLE! Beef pot roast in the crock pot...pretty much can't go wrong with that. Lots of meat for good fuel since we went skiing the next morning. The only thing that I would change for this recipe would be to add some veggies. I would probably add carrots, onions, and maybe peas at the end of the cooking. Otherwise it was great...lots of good flavor. When I got home from my long day I shredded the beef, then cooked brown rice in our rice-cooker. We had the roast over brown rice with broccoli on the side. Delish! (I forgot to take a pic)


Crock Pot Beef Roast

2 boneless beef chuck roasts ( 2 1/2 pounds each)
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
1 envelope italian salad dressing mix
1 envelope brown gravy mix
1/2 cup water

put the chuck roast in a crock pot. in another bowl, combine the salad dressing and gravy mixes; stir in water. pour over meat. cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender.



*So I will probably be MIA for the next couple months. My travel schedule is absolutely INSANE...I'm slightly freaking out about it b/c I so cherish my weekends at home getting a million things done, relaxing and doing what I want. It makes my heart beat fast just the thought that I won't have a weekend home until basically late April. yikes, stress. Deep breathe...thankfully all the events will be fun and I am excited about them! Here is my schedule...

Feb. 18-20th: Asheville, NC for Charlotte's wedding shower!
Feb. 24-27th: St. Louis, MO for a girls get together and birthday celebrations with my Mom, Great Aunt, Grandmother and Aunt! It wlll be a special time for since I rarely get to see these loved family members.
Feb. 28th: My 28th b-day!
March 5-9th: Colorado for skiing in Breckenridge w/the hubs, family friends and my parents!
March 12-13th: Baltimore, MD for Charlotte's bachelorette party! Wooohoo!
March 19-20th: VA Beach, VA for the 1/2 marathon...wahoo!
March 25-27th: Charlotte, NC for Annie's bachelorette!
April 2nd: Richmond, VA (can we get a whoop whoop!) Monument Ave. 10K!
April 8-10th: Greenville, SC for Annie and Brent's wedding!!!!!
April 11-14th: Pawleys Island, SC for a mini-beach break between weddings
April 15-17th: Kiawah Island, SC for Charlotte and Ty's wedding!!!!!!!!!!
April 22-24th: HOME HOME AND HOME...it's Easter weekend, but I will be HOMMMMMMEEEE
April 30th: Baby James' 1st Birthday...probably a big celebration...

And I'll stop here b/c life will stop to calm down...well so I hope. Ah. Anyways, if I'm a bad friend/blogger in the next couple months...you know why. I'll try to post as much as humanly possible.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Laura...that is a CRAZY travel schedule! But, it sounds like FUN!

    I love a good roast, so I will have to give this one a try. I am trying one of your pork tenderlion recipes tonight (spicy apricot asian). I am sure it will be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was the tenderloin?! I hope good! I made your cream cheese biscuits last night...ahh, they are soooo good! Happy Valentines to you, Tim and little Lily! :)

    ReplyDelete