Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A couple recipes! Finally!

It's been a very long time since I posted some recipes.  Even though life has been crazy with the twins, I have still found some time to cook.  I usually do something super easy and quick, but 1-2 times a week I do something a little more involved.  Not too crazy involved, but something that takes a little more prep time.  Most days I use the crock pot (love!) or throw something in the oven.  I tend to prep or make dinner during the babies afternoon nap.  If it needs to stay warm I put it in the oven on the warm setting until we are ready to eat.  This way after the babies 5:00 pm feeding the hubs and I can eat before we put the babies to bed.

I made this chicken recipe yesterday and it was a hit!  It cooks for a while in the oven, so if you are busy (who isn't??), I'd recommend making it ahead of time or having it prepped so you can throw it in the oven once you get home from work or whatever.  The recipe calls for 1/3-1/2 cup of Sriracha sauce, but because I'm nursing I only used about 1/4 cup of Sriracha sauce and it still had a kick!  I can't imagine using 1/3 cup of the sauce, but if you like your food super spicy, go for it.  I got the recipe from a local blog that I love.  Here is the recipe for the Firecracker Chicken.  It won't disappoint :)  Tasted like PF Chang's!  I served it over brown rice and paired the dish with acorn squash and sugar snap peas...yummmo!




I also wanted to post a pumpkin "cookie" bar recipe I made that I found off Pinterest.  Man oh man do I LOVE pumpkin!!! Ahh this time of year is the best for pumpkin, but I always wonder why I don't just make pumpkin things throughout the year??  Anyways, try these "cookies."  They are healthy and so good.  The hubs would eat them for breakfast, they are great for a snack or dessert as they have lots of good nutrients in them.  I followed the recipe, however I did not use gluten free or vegan products, just regular and they still turned out good to me.  These bars were demolished in about two days...

 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipes!!! Made the pumpkin bars last night, yum yum :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicken looks delicious I am going to make that this week!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete