Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th (a day late)

I had all intentions of getting this post up yesterday, but life got busy (shocker!) and instead, here it is a day late...

Happy 4th of July for a couple reasons!  First, Happy one month to our precious Abigail and George!!! That month has gone by so quickly, slow down time!  And second, happy 4th to celebrate America!  My parents are going to babysit tonight so the hubs and I can have our first night out since the babies were born.  My parents have so generously offered for us to go have dinner at their country club.  The food and beautiful scenery are awesome, so we are looking forward to a nice dinner that we can enjoy just the two of us.

Abby and George are doing great.  We have so enjoyed our first month as a family of four.  Here comes my bragging...sorry, I'm warning you.  :)  I have to say (and I probably need to knock on wood here) that I think the hubs and I are taking life to twins very well.  I have felt great, zero signs of depression and/or baby blues, I feel pretty relaxed and have not been TOO crazy tired.  I have my days that I'm more tired than others, but overall, I'm getting used to the less/broken up sleep and feel generally pretty good.  Having two newborns is tons of work, but I really enjoy it oh so much.  I do owe my saneness to my INCREDIBLE husband and mother/father in law and my parents who have all been huge helps.  The hubs has been hands down sooo very helpful.  He never sits down and is always washing bottles, cleaning the house, changing diapers, holding and loving on a baby, or doing something helpful.  He loves being a Father to G & A and I love watching him with them...such an amazing bond.  I love how I'll come in from another room and he is reading them a story or giving them a massage (something we learned in the NICU from a Occupational Therapist--very cool).  The hubs and I went through SO much to get pregnant as you all know by now, and then with all the complications of my pregnancy, it is just so good to have them here in our arms.  Every time I look at them I explode with happiness.  They really brighten our lives and complete our family.

Last week Abby was 7 pounds!  Baby girl is getting big!  She is really getting some meat on her bones (as my Dad would say) and her cheeks are really filling out and our nice and chubby...too cute.  She still has light brown hair and dark blue eyes.  I wonder if this will change or stay the same?!  She is a true sweetie but def. knows what she likes and doesn't like.  She doesn't like to sit in a dirty diaper...I don't blame her though, who does?  And like her brother, they let us know when they are hungry!  I love how she looks in my eyes when I feed her...like she really knows who her Mommy and Daddy are.

Last week George weighed in at 6 pounds, 6 ounces.  He is getting so big too!  He has always been our little peanut, but he is catching up.  It's so crazy how every ounce when you are this tiny makes such a big difference in weight.  George has very light blonde hair and dark blue eyes.  He is a true sweetheart.  Now I know why Momma's love their little boys!!!!  He likes holding my pinky finger when I feed him his bottle...it melts my heart.

The babies are almost 39 weeks gestational age, which means we can start taking them out in public in one week!  Not that we'll be taking them many places, but it will still be nice to be able to if we want.  Both babies are HUGE grunters.  In fact, they are SO loud at night that they only lasted one week in our room before they were kicked out, haha.  They now sleep in their nursery in their Rock N'Plays (which we love!).

Well, I better go hop in the shower while the babies are sleeping.  Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July! :)





My Mom made these cute 4th of July outfits and Abby's headband.  Her headband cracked me up and her facial expression makes me laugh in this picture...she's like "what in the world are you doing to me Mom??"


1 comment: