Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where we you?

Where were you 10 years ago on this day?


I was starting my first day of Freshman classes at Converse College (before transferring to Clemson) in SC. I was walking to my very first class of my college life and was so excited. As I was nearing the building that my class was in, the President of my college came up to me and shared the news. She was VERY upset and I sensed the feeling that what just happened was bad...really bad. Classes were canceled and we all gathered in each other dorm rooms glued to the TV. It felt like the world was ending.

Thankfully my parents still lived in SC at that time, so that afternoon I went straight home to be with my family. We had dinner and continued to watch the news. I was happy to be home with my family after such a devastating day.

Still praying for those who lost their loved ones and for all of the scars we still have because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment