Thursday, April 21, 2011

Low Country Shrimp Boil!




There is nothing better than a low-country shrimp boil. While at my parents house in Pawleys Island, SC, we made this (as always). This dish is a tradition of my family, and Daniel's family! Here is a link to a posting of the recipe. The only changes we made this time was to add more salt. In my original post I say that not much salt is really needed. Well, I am told I am wrong on this and that salt is the way to go (the hubs is the main chef on this dish!). It really did make a difference! We also had fresh right off the boat shrimp we got in Georgetown, so this of course helped make the dish even better. This is a messy meal, traditionally thrown over a table covered in newspaper. The point of this relaxed meal is that you peel the shrimp and throw the peeling right on the newspaper...eat the corn and throw the cobs on the newspaper, etc. It's a messy meal, but that's what makes it so fun and such a perfect beach dinner. Go grab a beer, get your hands dirty and make this this summer!

Do you have any family traditions? Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment