Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chocolate Cobbler


My brother, Stephen, is in town this weekend visiting, and my Mom's out of town for work, so me, Daniel, Stephen and my Dad had dinner made by Dad. It was a "special treat" dinner! We had lobster (YUM!), steak, asparagus, baked potatoes, salad and corn on the cob. Yum, yum, yum! We were all STUFFED after this meal, but had a little tiny room left for dessert. I made the dessert...Chocolate Cobbler. It's basically like a chocolate molten cake...delicious, warm, creamy and gooey. Mmmmmm. It was stupid easy and super delish. I served it with a scoop of vanilla icecream...

Chocolate Cobbler

from Taste of Home

Ingredients:

1 cup flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 cup sugar

2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup cocoa powder

1/2 cup milk

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 cup packed brown sugar

1-3/4 cups hot water

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa. Stir in milk and oil. Pour into a baking dish – I used an 8-inch oval. Combine the brown sugar and remaining cocoa and sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over top (do not stir). Bake for 40-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment