Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

We were lacking cookies in our household and so I decided it was time to make some. The hubs and I always have something sweet after dinner, so what to make? I found these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from a blog called "Almost Slowfood"...I found the blog from my mother in laws blog. I made these tasty treats right after dinner, so I only let them cool about 5 mins. before we began eating them. When I first made them, I didn't really love them, but the more and more I've been having them this week...they have turned out amazing. I think it's because I didn't let them cool enough when we first tried them...they were more of like a cake. The bars have white whole wheat flour in them that gives them a slightly nutty taste. They are delicious! So yummy, that I don't have a picture because Daniel and I have about finished them. Follow this link to the blog post, or read below the recipe:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
(The beauty of these bars is you don't have to wait for the butter to soften and you don't have to put tray after tray of cookie dough in the oven. When a craving strikes, you can meet it head-on in about an hour... maybe 90 minutes.)

What You'll Need:

2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 heaping tsp Salt
1 c Butter (2 sticks)
1 1/3 c Brown Sugar
2/3 c Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 large Eggs
2 cups Chocolate Chips (About 12 oz)

Preheat the oven to 350. Butter a 9 inch square baking pan.

In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.

Place the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and zap it for about 30 seconds or until the butter is partially melted and very soft.

Using the paddle attachment to your mixer, beat the butter and sugars on high until light and fluffy. Turn the the second lowest setting and beat in the eggs one at a time. Then the vanilla. Wait until it's fully incorporated and then turn it down to the lowest setting and add the flour mixture. Turn off the mixer and incorporate the chocolate chips by hand. Pour the dough in the pan and spread it out evenly. Bake until the top is brown and the dough are pulling away from the sides. About 30-40 minutes. Let cool at least 15 mins., or more if possible.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment