Wednesday, January 5, 2011
11 Healthy Foods to Try in 2011
This is a guest post from my lovely Mom...
I am sharing information from an article in my latest Tufts Nutrition Letter - 11 Healthy Foods To Try in 2011. Here they are. Enjoy!
3. Greek Yogurt
5. Chiles – I will put these in things I make for Jim, not me!
6. Mangoes – maybe baby James would like this
7. Pumpkin Seeds – great to add to homemade granola
8. Chinese Broccoli – I am not familiar with this. Will have to look for this. It says it is also known as Chinese Kale, but has a milder taste and tender stalks than usual kale and used in place of other greens.
9. Garlic scapes – Not familiar with this either. Says it may play a role in modulating growth of cancer cells and glucose levels.
10. Lentils – I am ready to make a big pot of lentil soup. That used to be a favorite meal of the boys growing up - not so with Laura but this has changed!
11. Chickpeas – another favorite of the boys growing up. They loved when I put them on salads. It suggests roasting them for a crunchy snack.
Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2011!
Posted by Laura at 5:00 AM