Wednesday, January 5, 2011

11 Healthy Foods to Try in 2011


This is a guest post from my lovely Mom...

Hi all,
I am sharing information from an article in my latest Tufts Nutrition Letter - 11 Healthy Foods To Try in 2011. Here they are. Enjoy!

1. Sardines

2. Quinoa

3. Greek Yogurt

4. Avocados

5. Chiles – I will put these in things I make for Jim, not me!

6. Mangoes – maybe baby James would like this

7. Pumpkin Seeds – great to add to homemade granola

8. Chinese Broccoli – I am not familiar with this. Will have to look for this. It says it is also known as Chinese Kale, but has a milder taste and tender stalks than usual kale and used in place of other greens.

9. Garlic scapes – Not familiar with this either. Says it may play a role in modulating growth of cancer cells and glucose levels.

10. Lentils – I am ready to make a big pot of lentil soup. That used to be a favorite meal of the boys growing up - not so with Laura but this has changed!

11. Chickpeas – another favorite of the boys growing up. They loved when I put them on salads. It suggests roasting them for a crunchy snack.


Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2011!
Katie

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Sush said before she hit the wrong key and didn't get to finish...was what a great guest posting and I think the author should think about starting her own Blog!
    Thanks, Katie for a wonderful and informative posting!
    Love to all the family and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete