Friday, October 8, 2010

Pumpkin Blondies


If you don't like pumpkin, stay away from my blog for the next few weeks. I'm OBSESSED with all things pumpkin and looove this time of year when it's all around. This time every year I ask myself..."Why don't I just make pumpkin things all year??" For some odd reason, it just doesn't seem to happen. Anywho, today I made these Pumpkin Blondies. They are to die for and so easy! I have a few other pumpkin recipes on my list to make in the coming weeks such as Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Curry, etc...so be on the lookout (unless they are bad and not "blog worthy.")

Disclaimer: This is not my picture...it's from the blog where I got the recipe from.

Pumpkin Blondies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1¼ cups brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup white chocolate chips (I used regular chocolate chips b/c I had them on hand and they were great)
1 cup butterscotch chips
3/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional...I didn't use these as I don't like nuts in my sweets)

Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Stir together and set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined. Mix in the pumpkin puree. With the mixer on low speed add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Fold in the white chocolate and butterscotch chips (and pecans, if using) with a rubber spatula.

Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake until the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs, about 35-40 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely before cutting.

To serve, lift the cake from the pan using the foil and transfer to a cutting board. Peel off the foil and using a sharp knife, cut into 24 squares.

ENJOY! Happy Fall!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for all things pumpkin! One of my favorite things about fall. I will have to try this recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete